Well today is the first day and I am really excited to dedicate my time to this program. There is so much to learn when talking about diet, appropriate caloric intake, recovery, sleep, aahhh!!! Some of the tasks can be daunting but I have come up with a good plan. I used the P90X custom meal plan to create a meal plan that fit my likes in the food department. After all, I am a picky eater. I am on the slim down (lean) plan that consists of 50% Protein, 30% Carb, 20% Fat. The meals they suggest are great. They tell you what you can eat and the program will even print off a grocery list for you.
I plan on having all my workouts after work between 6-7PM. I will have my high protein meal directly after my workout to maximize my muscle recovery. After looking through the posts online about the first week, I am going to be really sore.
First Day Meal Plan:
I am not going to post every meal I have, but I will post a few to give an idea of what it consists of.
Breakfast:
7:00 am
Bran Cereal 1 1/2 Cup
1 Cup Orange Juice
Snack:
10:00 am
1 1/2 Cup Celery
4 Tbps Peanut Butter
Lunch:
12:00pm
4 Oz. Turkey Ham
2 Lettuce Leaves
2 Slices Tomato
Onion
2 Slices Whole Grain Bread
Snack:
3:00pm
1 Orange
Walnuts
Workout: 6:00PM - Chest and Back 65 Minutes
Supper:
7:00pm
4 Oz. Peppered Salmon
Romain Lettuce
Tomato
Italian Dressing
Asparagus


Sleep...not really a part of your vocabulary. ;)
ReplyDelete