Ouch!! That is about all I can say. Tonight was Shoulders and Back. More of a lifting/strengthining routine than a cardio/plyo workout. I was thinking that maybe I was going to get a bit of break for tonight but as soon as I started I could see that I was wrong!!! Even when the workouts consist of weight lifting you are still getting a cardio workout. All of the routine are one right after another with a short 30 second break every 10 minutes or so. Tony (Trainer) has you sweating just in the warm-up, so you can imagine how the actual workout is. I have stayed on track with my diet to a T. I have actually came in under my target calorie intake of 2000/day so I need to ramp that up a bit. My fitness goal was to slim down and the programs calls for 2500-2700 calories but I dropped it down to help with the slim down. I am thinking that I have to crank it up a bit because I have had no energy the past fews days. It is probably going to take me a couple weeks to find that magic number.
I have promised myself that I am only going to weigh myself every other week. I am doing this because I don't want to be chasing my weight. In the past when I begin a steady workout routine I am checking the scale every other day which can be discouraging. I will focus on the diet and exercise and let the rest come with time.
I did a LOT of research on this program prior to and after I started the program. I continue to read about it daily. One common misconception that I have seen is that you are going to dramatically drop weight the first couple weeks. The program tells you that this will most likely not happen. This is an extreme workout and people who are not used to it (such as myself) your body goes into recovery/shock mode. It recruits all the water is can to repair your damaged muscle which will result in a few extra pounds on the scale. After your body catches up to you you will start to shed the pounds. That is what I am looking forward to!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment