After all this time the pain has always been in my left shoulder, the shoulder I dislocated when I was younger. When he told me it was in both of my shoulders I thought he was crazy! I played softball all season and I throw with my right arm. My arm felt stronger than it ever has this season and I never had a bit of pain in my right shoulder. If I even tried to lift my left shoulder I was in pain, so I was confused. The confusion was put to rest last night after my second set of military push ups when I heard a slight 'pop' in my right shoulder. Not feeling any pain I kept going. I finished my set and moved onto chin-ups. When I got to my next set of push ups (diamond push ups) I could barely do one without my shoulder throbbing in pain. I tried to pretend it didn't hurt and just sipped that set and moved onto the next. Nope! Anything with downwards resistance on my shoulder felt impossible. Meanwhile, Tony(The trainer) is yelling, "It is suppose to hurt! That's how you get results!" I knew this wasn't the hurt he was talking about and I had to call it quits for the shoulder and back routine. I finished the night with my core and ab ripper workouts and then went on a nice 5 mile bike ride.
After last night I am super disappointed about my shoulder. This is my throwing shoulder and I am supposed to start flag football league in a couple of weeks. I am not the person to sit on the sidelines for an injury. I WANT TO PLAY! Looks like the next week or so will be a series of shoulder ice and resistance bands...


Don't be disappointed! Your shoulder will get better just like your other one has. You'll be playing flag football in no time! :)
ReplyDelete